Tera - What's A Good Proper Keyboard Layout on PC

I've looked into rotations, glyphs, etc. However, my problem is that there are too many different rotations and that means so many keys/skills, I feel overwhelmed.  How Do I Deal with All the Skills on PC?  What's a better proper keyboard layout, because I'm tired of having to look down every now and then because I didn't know what the key is.

Don't use a mmo mouse. You only have one thumb to press a billion buttons. It's slow. Better to have a mouse with max 3 side buttons. And focus your hotkeys on the keyboard.

I don't care how good someone is with mmo mouse I guarantee I can press all my buttons faster and with more accuracy on the keyboard.

Other than that, find what is easy for you to press on the keyboard and make them your hotkeys.

- Find hotkeys you can use with as little movement required as possible. If you use was for movement, F requires very little movement for example.

- V is usually an awkward key but doable.

- Steer clear of trying to double movement keys as hotkeys w/modifier. (This can include q and e for some games).

- Rebind jump to something other than Spacebar if you ever rely on space for the combo function.

- Use shift or ctrl as a modifier for your normal hotkeys as your normal ones fill up. Do not start using harder to hit keys.

- Use logic when making your keys. For example, I make shift-1 a skill that might be related in some way to my 1 skill. Or shift-ran aoe hot when r is an aoe heal. Also, I tend to put longer cooldown skills on shift or ctrl modified keys.

- Skills used frequently need to be on the fastest keys.

My personal keys are 1-5 mb4 r mb5 c v tab f. Then I modify those with shift and ctrl as required. Sometimes I sprinkle in a little g,z,x,c,b action, but I am so used to those original keys I have been using for years they are second nature. Some people tend to use q and e as hotkeys but in some MMOs those keys are movement keys that can be used for very efficient strafe movement when combined with mouse look, so I never learned to use them as hotkeys.

Don't use spacebar to alternation abilities contrarily you'll get awkward and use the amiss chains or do beneath DPS. It's consistently faster to columnist the button!

If you do like to hit amplitude though, I acclaim remapping Jump to Tab, just so you don't jump in the average of Tera Gold action (or in case you deceit jump for some bang-up artisan area you charge too because of the alternation window).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top Tera Brawler Guide for Newbie

TERA Gunner Weapon Skin Available Now!

What are Pros and Cons of Gunner and Archer in TERA?